WHO WE ARE
SEE MONSTER is a trademark of NEWSUBSTANCE Limited (NEWSUBSTANCE), registered in England and Wales (NEWSUBSTANCE; 03/01 Tower Works, Globe Road, Leeds LS11 5QG.
HOW TO CONTACT US
WRITE TO US AT
Data Protection Officer, Unit 03/01, Tower works, 2 Globe Rd, Holbeck, Leeds LS11 5QG
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THIS POLICY
THIRD PARTY LINKS/SITES
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT AND WHY?
We will collect and process personal information submitted to us by you (or a third party who is acting on your behalf) via the SEE MONSTER website, our third-party tools or by post, when you:
- Register your interest in SEE MONSTER
- Request, sign up or contact us for information on SEE MONSTER
- Submit a complaint to us or provide feedback to us
- Sign up to our contact list
- Contact us via email for any purpose
- Use or view the SEE MONSTER website via your browser’s cookies; or
- When we receive your personal data (e.g. name, work email address) from your employer that is an organisation with which we are working with to deliver SEE MONSTER
Depending on the nature of your contact, we collect:
- Your name, telephone number, email address and / or other contact data
- Your business addresses
- Country of residence and postcode (if UK)
- Your image data if we record any meetings with you
- Your IP addresses
- Information about your organisation and the industry sector you work in.
- Any personal data which may be in company registration information on the Companies House website.
- Any personal data which may be on the UK IPO website (e.g. names of applicants for/owners of trade marks or patents).
HOW IS OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR INFORMATION LAWFUL?
The law requires us to determine which of seven defined bases we use to process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category. The key bases we rely on are set out below:
- When you ask us to provide you with information about SEE MONSTER, us or when your employer provides us with your personal data in connection with working together to deliver SEE MONSTER, or when we gather data from a publicly-accessible third party website, we process your information where it is necessary for legitimate interests and when we consider that your interests and fundamental rights do not override our interests; or for the purposes of providing information to you prior to your entering into a contract with us.
- When we process your information during the registration for SEE MONSTER we will do so to determine your relationship with SEE MONSTER, where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and when we consider that your interests and fundamental rights do not override our interests.
- We also rely on the basis of explicit consent, via use of a ‘tick box’ to send you marketing information about SEE MONSTER and to share your data with the our Strategic Delivery Bodies UNBOXED FESTIVAL(Festival 2022 Ltd) & North Somerset Council.
- When we respond to freedom of information and data subject requests, the legal basis for processing your personal data is that it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation placed on us as the data controller.
- When we respond to complaints or general enquiries you may have about SEE MONSTER, we process your personal data for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
- There may also be instances where we need to process your personal data when it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. We would rely on this basis when we are required to communicate with you further in response to any enquiries or contact you have made with us, and where such communication is not covered by the lawful bases described above.
- If you have consented to receive marketing information from us, we will use your personal information, with this explicit consent, to provide specific email communications related to SEE MONSTER and UNBOXED. We continue to process your information on the consent basis until you withdraw your consent, or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
HOW DO WE STORE AND SHARE YOUR DATA?
We use a third-party tool named Mailchimp as the platform to host the application on which you, or a third party who is acting on your behalf, will input your data. More information about Mailchimp can be found on their website at: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
Our thirty-party tools are accessible via the UNBOXED Website http://www.unboxed2022.uk. We use a third-party organisation called Numiko to host and maintain the UNBOXED Website and store personal data collected via the UNBOXED Website. More information about Numiko can be found on their website at: https://numiko.com/privacy-policy/
If you have contacted us by post at our Leeds address or via email, then our staff will use your personal data in order to respond to your enquiry.
If you have consented to receive marketing information from us and our Strategic Delivery Bodies, we and/or our Strategic Delivery Bodies will also use your personal information to provide specific email communications related to delivery of SEE MONSTER across the four nations of the United Kingdom.
PROTECTING YOUR DATA
(For website and ticketing website by the North Somerset Council)
We employ comprehensive and appropriate security measures in order to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, and any other unlawful forms of processing. We aim to ensure that the level of security and the measures adopted to protect your personal data are appropriate for the risks presented by the nature and use of your personal data. Our security measures include organisational security (passwords and access controls, staff training, information security and data protection policies), physical security (secure data centres, building security) and IT security (firewalls, encryption).
Although we will always treat the information you send us with the strictest confidence, we cannot guarantee the security of the Internet. No transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure and it is possible, though very unlikely, that someone other than ourselves could access and read information sent to us in this way. If you feel concerned about this, please use another form of contact, e.g. post.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
If you make a simple request for information, SEE MONSTER, we will retain your personal data for no longer than six months. This will enable us to answer your enquiry and to deal with any further enquiries or complaints you may have relating to your initial enquiry. After six months your personal data will be deleted securely.
In all other cases, NEWSUBSTANCE will retain your personal data until the end of March 2023, or until you expressly withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data. We will then ensure your personal data is deleted securely.
WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
NEWSUBSTANCE would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every person whose data we process is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request from us copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Occasionally it may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In such a case we will notify you and keep you updated. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
The “Regulation” means the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 06 April 2016. The Regulation replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and is designed to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe for the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data. Where appropriate, terms used in this statement shall have meanings ascribed to them in the Regulation.
In the event that either party (the “Receiving Party”), its agents, contractors or employees are permitted access to personal data held by the other party for any reason or are supplied with or otherwise provided personal data by the other party for any purpose, the Receiving Party, its agents, contractors or employees shall: (i) use and/or hold such personal data only for the purposes and in the manner directed by the other party and shall not otherwise modify, amend or alter the contents of such personal data unless specifically authorized in writing by the other party and shall take all such steps as may be necessary to safeguard such personal data; (ii) comply in all respects with the Regulation as well as local applicable law and shall not do or permit anything to be done which might jeopardize or contravene the terms of the other party’s notification under the Regulation or local applicable law; (iii) indemnify the other party against all liability, damages, costs, claims and expense which it may incur by reason of any default under this clause or any breach of the Regulation or local applicable law attributable to or caused, directly or indirectly, by Receiving Party, its employees, agents or contractors, including without limitation, the failure to prevent disclosure thereof in contravention of the Regulation or local applicable law. NEWSUBSTANCE Ltd adhere to this statement above.